Increase the battery life of your LAVABOX DNA 200 Box Mod with the LAVABOX 1300mAh Battery Extender Pack. This all-in-one kit easily modifies your device in order for it to accommodate the larger 1300mAh LiPo battery. The pack includes an extended back plate made from the same sturdy black anodised Aluminum alloy as the LAVABOX device. The battery is a high-quality Fullymax 1300mAh 11.1V Lithium Polymer battery to greatly extend the time needed between re-charges.
IMPORTANT: YOU WILL NEED TO UPDATE YOUR BATTERY SETTINGS IN ESCRIBE ONCE YOU UPGRADE YOUR LAVABOX DNA200 IN ORDER FOR THE DEVICE TO FUNCTION PROPERLY. FAILURE TO UPGRADE THE BATTERY SETTINGS WILL CAUSE THE DEVICE NOT TO CHARGE PROPERLY. For complete information see below.
To see the video guide on how to install the new battery see:
NB: This video does not include the firmware instructions detailed below.
- Designed to extend the LAVABOX DNA 200 Box Mod
- Powerful Fullymax 1300mAh 11.1V LiPo Battery
- Sturdy Aluminum Alloy Extended Back Plate
- Durable Extended Rubberized Grip
- Crosshatched Grip Pattern for Additional Traction
The LAVABOX 1300 mAh Battery Extender Kit includes:
- 1300 mAh Fullymax Lithium Polymer Battery
- Extended Anodized Aluminum Black Back Plate: 21x22x94mm
- Black Extended 1300 mAh LAVABOX Grip: 79x43x30mm
- Set of 2 Long Back Plate Screws
- Set of 4 Short Grip Screws
- Mini Screwdriver
- Set of Battery Pads
Upgrading the firmware will give maximum use of the increased battery capacity. You can vape without changing the firmware, but you will not get full value from the upgrade.
(Note: 'firmware' is halfway between software and hardware - it is a preset routine that runs electronic devices before an operating system is loaded. For example, the firmware on your computer runs it before Windows or MacOS loads, otherwise the computer could not start; it's called the BIOS on a PC. For devices with one function only, firmware is all that is needed.)
EScribe is the Lavabox DNA200 firmware management program you download to your PC. It interacts with the firmware on your Lavabox, over the cable that connects the Lavabox to the PC. NB: EScribe is only available for PCs running Windows not Macs.
You can use the new battery with the standard firmware, but it will not make maximum use of the increased capacity.
EScribe Settings For Your LAVABOX DNA 200 1300mAh Battery
Download the firmware manager EScribe:
Guide to firmware upgrades
There are 2 methods you can use: the Normal Method using the preset file, and the Workshop Full Adjustment Method for full control of all settings. We advise always using the Normal method as it is much faster and has all the optimum settings.
The workshop settings are provided only for full information on all possible variations. For example if a new coil material, unknown at present, becomes available in the future, then workshop technicians already have full information here on how to proceed.
Please use the Normal method.
The normal (quick) method uses a file with all the optimum presets.
The preset file contains battery settings, case thermal settings and Ni/Ti/SS temperature control wire settings. They also come set with custom screens with a simple, larger and easier to read font.
New 1300 mAh settings file:
Revert to old 900 mAh settings file: http://www.volcanoecigs.com/media/blog/volcano-900mah-lavabox-preset-files.ecig
How to use this file
1. Click to download the correct file for your LAVABOX (or get both, then you can revert to the smaller battery at a later date, if needed).
(Note: you may need to right-click and select Download.)
2. Open EScribe, then connect your LAVABOX using the connector cable between the PC and the Lavabox.
3. Select the file menu at the top left.
4. Click: Open.
5. Select your downloaded '.ecig' file for the 1300mAh LAVABOX (or revert to the 900mAh file at a later date if you wish to revert to the smaller battery).
6. [Fine tune your settings if required - not normally applicable.]
7. Click: Upload Settings to Device.
8. Disconnect the Lavabox.
9. Turn off your Lavabox, turn back on, and use as normal.
If you encounter a maximum battery reading of 85% it means the battery and/or new firmware have not registered correctly. This can be fixed by turning off the Lavabox, wait a few seconds, then turn on again ('rebooting').
A note on downloading these files
1. Click the link (this takes you to a page with obscure code).
2. In your browser, go to the File menu at top left (or wherever it is located).
3. Click: Save As...
4. In the options window that opens, save the file to your desktop or preferred file location
- In the first box, leave the file name as xxxxxx.ecig
- In the second box, change the selection from Save as .txt, to: Save as All Files
- Save the file - make sure you save it to a location where you can easily find it
-- This method is provided for full information only and is not recommended for customers. It is provided for workshop use / future-proofing only. --
Download the manual adjustment firmware upgrade file (1300mAh LAVABOX CSV File) for the new Lavabox battery:http://www.volcanoecigs.com/media/blog/volcano-lavabox-1300mah-escribe-battery-settings.csv
Import this file into EScribe on your PC, under the Mod tab.
Input these new settings under the Mod tab:
- Battery Capacity: 14.43Wh
- Soft Cell Cutoff: 3.09v
- Mod Internal Resistance: 0.007 Ohms
1300mAh LAVABOX Thermal Case Settings - input these numbers under the Mod tab, below Electrical: