So we now know that the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) has now been passed in the EU. What does this mean for us Vapers and Vaping in general? Well part of the TPD was Article 18, which included a few restrictions regarding Electronic Cigarettes specifically. There was a last minute decision to put Article 18 up for a separate vote which was initially a glimmer of hope, however it has now been ratified as well.
Here is a summary of the restrictions on Ecigs that we can expect:
- Nicotine limits of not more than 20mg/ml
- e-Liquid can be sold in a maximum bottle size of 10ml
- Tanks will be limited to 2ml of capacity or less
- Tanks must be leak proof both for filling and use
- Member states are free to require medical regulations for e-cigarettes
We will now have to find out exactly how this will affect the industry and whether things will get better or worse. There are ways that we can fight back against what is happening in the EU. Here is a link for a citizens initiative to help us change this legislation, or at least stand a chance. We need 1 million signatures from all the Vapers across Europe, so please make sure to share this link everywhere you can.