Variable Vaping with Volcanoecigs.
The vaping device you have always wanted is finally here! It's time to take your vaping experience to the next level with a device you can tune to your exact needs. The all new LAVATUBE v2.5 is a specially designed electronic cigarette that allows you fully control your vaping experience with a few clicks of easy-to-use buttons. Here is the full set of specs:
LAVATUBE v2.5 Features:
NEW: Variable Voltage and Variable Wattage
NEW: 2 power output modes: Average Voltage and vRMS
NEW: Device memory that stores your settings!
Lightweight aluminium alloy body
Anodized aluminium finish
1 power / activation button
1 Wattage/Voltage up button
1 Wattage/Voltage down button
1 Bright blue LCD screen
1 510 threaded connection
1 Lanyard clip hole
2 vent holes
18650 battery compatibility
The LAVATUBE v2.5 Kit Includes:
(1) LAVATUBE v2.5 in your choice of colour
(1) Black cushioned LAVATUBE carry case
(1) AW IMR 2000 mAH High Drain 18650 rechargeable LiMN battery
(1) XTAR WP2 II multi-charger
(1) 7ml Chrome Tube Tank Vapor Delivery System with a 3.0 ohm cartomizer and plastic drip tip
(1) 15ml Bottle of USA-Made Premium eLiquid in your choice of strength and flavour
How to Use your LAVATUBE v2.5:
How it works
The new Lavatube VW now has a power setting as well as two types of voltage settings (average Volts and RMS Volts). The new settings are from 3 to 15 Watts, and two variable voltage settings from 3 to 6 Volts.
We advise you to use the VW mode (variable wattage, also known as variable power), as this gives the best results:
- It gives a very smooth, solid and reliable vape that automatically adjusts the power to your preferred level even if you change the atomiser or cartomizer.
- There is no need to adjust anything once you have set your preferred power level.
- You can change the head (atomiser, carto, clearo) and even if it has a different resistance, the vape will remain constant.
When you switch the device on, it starts up in VW mode. We advise you stay in this mode as it provides the best results.
Change the power setting by using the small [-] and [+] buttons. Lower it to 6 Watts at first and see how you like this setting on the Lavatube.
Then raise the power to your preferred 'sweet spot'. The sweet spot is the point at which the vape is perfect, for you, with the head you are using (which could be an atomiser, carto, tank carto, or clearo - for example), at whatever resistance the head is, with whatever e-liquid you are using, and whatever your personal method of inhaling. There are many variables here, and these will also include how exactly you use the device - for example the length of your draw - and the Lavatube VW maintains the perfect setting for you once you have set it. Just leave it at that power setting.
The Lavatube VW will keep that power setting no matter what head you attach, even if their resistance varies considerably. The end result should be the same, no matter what atomiser, carto or clearo you are using. You might want to raise or lower the setting if you change your e-liquid though: Red Hot Lava hits harder than Strawberry!
Before: you had to raise or lower the voltage every time you fitted a new atomiser or carto. Because of that, it helped to know what the atomiser resistance was.
Now: no need to touch or check anything once the power has been set to your favourite spot. Job done!
You can also try the variable voltage settings. This is mainly of use to inform you of the voltage levels required to get your preferred power setting - there is no performance or other gain, and the settings need to be changed if you fit another head. NB: we advise that VW is the superior setting.
To switch the unit on or off, click the main, large button five or six times rapidly. If at first it doesn’t take, keep trying.
To operate the unit, hold the large button down. The average time used is 3 to 6 seconds. Most people draw into the mouth, hold the vapour there for a second, then inhale if desired. When using an e-cigarette this is a better draw method than inhaling direct to the lungs. Note that the device can be used like a cigar if desired: just draw into the mouth, enjoy the flavor but don't inhale, then breathe out.
To increase the power, click the small [+] button (at top right) as needed. The bright blue/white LED display shows the power in Watts, for example 9.5 Watts.
To reduce the power, click the small [-] button (at top left) as needed. Power is reduced 0.5 of a Watt per click.
To see the battery voltage (in Volts), hold the small [-] button down. For maximum battery life we recommend you recharge the battery when the voltage has fallen to 3.5 Volts. The device will automatically cut out, though, before the battery can be damaged. If the battery falls too low, the device cuts out and the display reads ‘LO’.
To see the atomiser resistance (in Ohms), hold the small [+] button down.
Changing to VV mode
To change to VV mode (variable voltage), hold both the [-] and [+] buttons down for about 10 seconds until the display changes to 3v (3 Volts).
Raise or lower the voltage by 0.1v per click using the [+] or [-] buttons.The range is 3v to 6v.
People generally use about 3.5v for a 1.5 Ohm head; 4.5v for a 2.5 Ohm head; 5v for a 3 Ohm head; but it depends on the e-liquid in use together with personal taste. The lower the voltage, the cooler the vape, with less vapour volume. The higher the voltage, the warmer the vape and vapour production is greater; but the vape does get drier.
Holding the [-] and [+] buttons changes between VW and VV modes.
Changing between V and Vrms
Hold down either the [-] or the [+] button for about 20 seconds. The mode changes between No1 and No2.
#1 is average voltage (Vav), which is the regular setting for VV devices. Most VV devices use this mode as standard.
#2 is RMS voltage (Vrms), which is a more accurate way of measuring voltage when the waveform is not constant.
This is the case in VV devices, because instead of a constant DC voltage as in a single-voltage device (basically a straight line waveform although there may be some ripple if the device is electronic, not just a plain battery), the voltage is pulsed to create a stepped waveform, which cannot be measured correctly by the Vav method (just 'plain Volts'). The RMS method allows a more accurate measurement since it takes a value which is a percentage of the peaks in the waveform. Thus, Vrms gives a more accurate picture of the true DC voltage.
We recommend that the two VV modes are used simply for interest value, as the best vape and the least hassle is provided by the VW mode: set and forget!
Selectable Wattage Range: 3w to 15w in 0.5w increments
Selectable Voltage Range: 3v to 6v in 0.1v increments
Power / Activation Button: Click five times rapidly to power the device on/off; Hold the button down to activate.
+ Button: Press to increase wattage/voltage
- Button: Press to decrease wattage/voltage
2 Power Modes: The device can be set to either Average Voltage, or vRMS.
Auto Shutoff: If the activation button is held down for 12 seconds or longer, the LAVATUBE will shut itself off until the button is released to prevent overheating.
Short Circuit/Atomizer Protection: The LAVATUBE can recognize an atomizer with too low a resistance for the current voltage setting and will drop the voltage/wattage to a low enough setting to protect both the battery and atomizer. If the atomizer is too low or shorted out it will shut off power to the device to protect the LAVATUBE from being damaged.
Reverse Battery Protection: Protects the device in case you put the battery in the device backwards
Battery Monitoring/Over-Discharge Protection: The device will monitor the battery voltage and automatically display "LO" on the display and turn off when the battery is discharged, preventing damage to the battery and the device by over depletion.
Battery Voltage Meter: The LAVATUBE has a voltage meter built in for you to monitor the power left in the battery. (18650 batteries provide 4.2v at peak charge and over the life of the battery that voltage will decrease to c. 3.2v before needing to be recharged) This will help you monitor the life cycle of the battery.
Atomizer Ohm Meter: The LAVATUBE has an atomizer Ohm meter built in. It will display the resistance of the atomizer/cartomizer connected to the device.
Amperage Limiting: 3 amps – The device should monitor and shut itself off if it detects any excessive over-current conditions.
Vent holes: 2 Vent holes on the bottom of the device for added safety
*Special Warranty Information:
The LAVATUBE v2.5 unit will include a 1 Year Limited Warranty against any manufacturing defects from the date of purchase.
Condition of Sale:
After purchasing a battery from us you are accepting full responsibility for its use and care. You agree that VOLCANO Fine Electronic Cigarettes cannot be held responsible for any misfortune caused by your misuse of this item. Do not use any VOLCANO e-cigarettes or batteries in a manner that is outside of our guidelines; misuse and abuse of Li-ion and LiMN battery technology may lead to fire or explosion, and you use them at your own risk.
For more information on using, handling, charging and storing rechargeable batteries go to our e-cigarette battery storage and care guidelines page or visit the Battery University: http://batteryuniversity.com
- BOOM - great vape got me off the cigarettes Review by jamie
- I use this as my main vaporiser its a great piece of kit, if you are serious about vaping then look no further, it produces a good strong vape and a great throat hit depending on which voltage/wattage you use, I am a very heavy vapour and the battery lasts about 24 hours. The only downside ( I say downside it does not put me off) is that the cartomizers need to be well primed first and as I am quite a heavy vapour they last me between 2-3 days before feeling a bit clogged but still useable, however I believe that volcano are going to be adding the inferno style BCT take which is amazing and I cannot wait to get my hands on one. (Posted on 17/02/2014)
- THE BEST! Review by Daniel
- This is by far the best e cig that I've used. It's reliable, eliquid doesn't seep into the battery, great vapour production, what more can you ask for?! (Posted on 08/02/2014)
- Simply outstanding. Review by Liam McKeown
- I have been vaping for around 3 months, conserving my cash and saving up for this beauty. After extensive research I found this top-of-the-range beast which I can still use in public. It's an absolutely outstanding product, and the price, whilst high, is pretty fair for the sheer quality delivered with the Lavatube 2.5. Customer support was also very helpful and gave me advice both on Twitter (@Psycho_Liam) and over the phone, resolving issues quickly. Once dispatched it arrived in 2 days, and lives up to expectations perfectly! Cannot recommend highly enough! (Posted on 09/01/2014)
- Lavatube 2.5 starter kit Review by Lloyd
- Absolutely fantastic product !!!!!!!! I love it it looks great and well made. (Posted on 28/11/2013)
- THE BEST MOD ON THE MARKET! THE BEST I EVER TRIED! Review by Radion
Ladies and Gentlemen, LAVATUBE v2.5 is unarguably THE BEST mod on the market and THE BEST I ever tried! I have used numbers of different devises since the beginning of the year, until I come across LAVATUBE v2.5. My search is over. I got what I was looking for. It’s all just work!
Strongly recommend it!
(Posted on 19/11/2013)
- Fantastic :) Review by Craignleah
- I have been using ecigs for six months and have had many different egos and mods but My patner got my the 2.5 kit for my bday and it's by far the best apv I have used!! The build quality is fantastic combined with aluminium and new vw setting it's a fantastic lightweight mod that's easy to use as there's no complicated menu and with vw you can set the wattage to were you like it and put what you like on top with out changing it so even a novice vapour would not fined it hard to master :) so if you are reading this whether your a novice or have been vapeing a long time I say go for it you wont be disappointed just make sure you prime the tube tank well and away you go :) (Posted on 12/11/2013)